Simple Sums is subject to the requirements of the National Privacy Principals, which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from to time which govern how organisations handle personal information. We recognise the importance of your personal information and appreciate that you may have concerns about your privacy and about the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
Simple Sums is committed to providing you with quality business support and services within a secure and private environment outlined in our Privacy Statement below;
The Business Booth Pty Ltd ABN: 14 169 112 449 trading as Simple Sums (referred to hereafter as “we”, “us” or “our”) provides an online service that allows you to calculate your Lifestyle Number and then solve your financial gap using Profit Strategy. Simple Sums consolidates and tracks your financial information via the Lifestyle Number quiz (“the Quiz”) available on the Simple Sums website https://simplesums.com.au/ (“the Website”). Based on this information, Simple Sums may also present information relating to other products or services.
1.3 Our privacy and security procedures have been designed to secure the Personal Information that we hold. We regularly re-evaluate those procedures and adapt them, as necessary, to deal with new challenges and emerging issues. We strive to implement best-practice security standards.
2 THE KINDS OF INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND HOLD
2.1 Access to the Lifestyle Number quiz requires You to register as a Simple Sums User.
2.2 When You register as a Simple Sums User, we will collect Personal Information such as Your first name and Your last name, Your email address, Your Gender and Your Age Group.
2.3 When you answer the questions for the Lifestyle Number quiz, we will collect and store Your financial data for the purposes of enabling You to determine your Lifestyle Gap.
2.4 Your information will not be shared with any third parties.
3 HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
3.1 We may collect Your information in a number of ways including:
- directly from You, such as:
- when You provide information to us when You register to use Simple Sums;
- when You participate in contests, giveaways and other promotions via the Website;
- when You participate in one of our surveys; or
- when You contact us with an enquiry;
- through digital communications, such as when You visit our Website.
3.2 You have a right not to provide information to us. However, if You choose not to provide certain information about You, we may not be able to provide You with the service You request and the results our product can offer may not work.
4 HOW DO WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
4.1 We take the privacy and security of Your information seriously.
4.2 We use various technical solutions, security controls and internal procedures to help us protect Your information. For example:
- we use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures:
- to maintain the security of Your online session; and
- to protect Your information, our systems from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- when You register as a Simple Sums User, we require a password from You for Your privacy and security;
- we transmit information such as Your Registration Information or Your Account Credentials only securely;
- from the time You log in to use Simple Sums, the communications between Your computer or Mobile Device and Simple Sums are encrypted. This enables client and server applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering and message forgery; and
- we test the Website and the Quiz regularly for any failure points that would allow hacking.
About Your password
4.4 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Simple Sums Registration Information.
4.6 If You have a security related concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work closely with You to ensure a rapid and personal response to Your concerns.
5 HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
5.1 Our main purpose for collecting information about You is:
- to provide Simple Sums to You;
- to provide You with information about Simple Sums;
- to assist You with enquires; and
- to better service Your needs.
- for our business operations and for purposes that are related to one or more of our functions and activities;
- to verify Your identity and to allow You to access and use the Website or the App;
- to communicate with You by sending You email alerts and Simple Sums newsletters);
- to provide support and Simple Sums updates;
- to gain an understanding of Your needs so that we may improve and develop Simple Sums;
- to personalise Your experience with Simple Sums and our Website;
- to perform research and analysis (including to conduct surveys);
- to comply with our legal, statutory and regulatory obligations;
- for direct marketing purposes (in this respect, see paragraph 5.3 below);
- for any other purpose which it would be reasonable to expect that we would collect, hold, use and disclose your information for; and
- subject to Your consent, for other purposes which may be notified to You from time to time.
5.3 We may use Your information so that we can promote and market products and/or services that we think may be of interest to You. This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email or by customising online content) and may continue after You stop using Simple Sums, until You opt-out. You may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any email communication You receive from us.
6 HOW DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
6.1 We do not share information with any entities outside of our organisation. However, should this change in the future, we will seek Your consent and we will deal with that change in accordance with all applicable laws.
7 HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
7.1 Your Data is Yours. You can remove it anytime You want. When You request us to delete Your Simple Sums account, Your Data will be permanently expunged from our servers and further access to Your Simple Sums account will not be possible.
7.2 However, portions of Your Data, consisting of aggregate Data derived from Your Account Information, may remain on our servers indefinitely. Your Data may also remain on a backup server or media. We keep these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to You in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers.
8 HOW TO ACCESS, UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION?
8.1 If You wish to access any of Your information that we hold or You would like to correct any errors in that information, You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.2 The Australian Privacy Principles set out a number of rules in respect of accessing, updating and correcting Your information. For example, we may refuse to give You access to Your information if giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals, if Your request for access is frivolous or vexatious, or if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings.
8.3 If we refuse to give You access to, or update, or correct Your Personal Information, we will provide You with a written explanation including the reasons for our refusal.
8.4 We may charge You an administrative fee for providing access to Your information in response to a request.
9 PRIVACY AND THE INTERNET
Cookies, web and mobile analytics
9.1 We may gather information about You through cookie technology. For example, we may assign a cookie to You to limit the amount of times You see a particular Simple Sums offer or to help better determine which Simple Sums offers to serve to You. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow You to stop cookies from being stored on Your device and to delete cookies stored on Your device. However, if You choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of Simple Sums may be impaired for You.
9.2 We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
9.3 We also use web and mobile analytics, including using Google Advertising ID. For example, Web beacons are images embedded in a web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analysing a website’s usage and activity. We, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons to help us analyse Simple Sums usage and improve Simple Sums.
9.5 For clarity, the information provided by web beacons and cookies may personally identify You. By using Simple Sums, You consent to the collection of Your information by those methods.
We will take all reasonable precautions and measures to maintain the security and privacy of your Personal Information. This includes using the very best in hardware, software, and security practices available to us. However, due to the nature of the Internet and the nature of the systems and technology available at the current time, it is unfortunate that breaches of security are still possible. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information will be completely secure, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we cannot be held liable for any loss or damage arising out of a breach of security.
10 WE POST UPDATES ON OUR WEBSITE AND THE APP WHENEVER THERE IS A CHANGE TO THIS POLICY
11 HOW TO MAKE A PRIVACY COMPLAINT?
11.1 If You wish to notify us of any privacy complaint You may have against us, including if You think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, You may contact us at email@example.com.
11.2 We are committed to acknowledging Your complaint in a prompt manner and will give You an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to Your complaint.
11.3 It is our intention to resolve Your complaint to Your satisfaction. However, if You feel that Your complaint has not been satisfactorily addressed or that it is taking too long to resolve Your complaint, You are entitled to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC), on 1300 363 992 or the other contact details on the OAIC’s website (oaic.gov.au), who may investigate Your complaint further.
12 CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
- “Data” means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website, or data acquired via your authorisation (including your transaction information);
- “User” means the registered user for Simple Sums, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use Simple Sums;
- “Mobile Device” means a mobile phone, tablet or other internet-enabled device that is compatible with Simple Sums and has, or has access to, an internet connection;
- “Personal Information” means information about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Common examples are an individual’s name, address, telephone number, email address; “Simple Sums” means Your email address and Your password for Your Simple Sums account;
- “You” or “Your” means the individual who uses the Website or Quiz; and
- the words “includes”, “including”, “for example”, “such as” and similar terms or expressions are not words of limitation.